Monday, February 20, 2017

A Weekend in Washington DC

Hey everyone, it's been awhile but I have an exciting post for you today!

This past weekend I travelled to Washington DC to visit family and I wanted to share some pictures with you from my trip.
 Here are my bags.
I brought my Lilly Pulitzer tote bag (similar to this one), North Face backpack (similar), First Impressions makeup bag, and suit case of course!

I wore army green leggings, a striped cowl neck sweater, booties, and my fuzzy coat on the plane.  Also, I absolutely adore my Lilly Pulitzer lemons luggage tag.


On Friday, after I arrived, we mostly hung out around the house. For dinner, my cousin and I walked to a yummy firestone pizza restaurant called Lena's. We had a New England Clam Pizza. The weather was a little chiller that night, but the restaurant had outdoor heaters and blankets and many people eating on the patio.

Here is my outfit from Saturday. It was gorgeous outside and around 70 degrees. I didn't last very long wearing my coat!

 The first thing we did was walk around King Street in Downtown Alexandira. There are so many cute stores, I could have spent all day there!
 Of course I had to stop by the Pink Palm. Everyone there was so friendly and I love the things in stores currently. I tried on the girls Jaci Dress because I like the style a little more than the adult, but unfortunately I think it was a little too short on me.

Next, we went to an escape room at a place in Alexandria called Escape Quest. The success rate on the room we did was only 30%, but we successfully found the treasure and it was a lot of fun!

After exploring Alexandria, we headed into Georgetown. We walked onto an old aqueduct that had a gorgeous view of the river.

Of course I had to go to Georgetown Cupcakes! The line went back the entire block but it moved quickly, especially since it was so beautiful outside.


They had so many amazing choices it was hard to pick one. I tried the red velvet cheesecake, chocolate lava cake, and peanut butter fudge. It is hard to explain how amazing they all were, by far the best cupcakes I have ever tasted. They have the perfect consistency and an amazing flavor, but not too sweet!
Georgetown has a gorgeous water front and was packed full of people and entertainment on Saturday. Here is a view of the Kennedy Center and Watergate Building.


On the way back, we drove around looking at memorials and monuments. The last time I saw them all was at night, so it was really fun to see them in the daylight. Here is the Washington Monument and World War 1 Memorial.

 On Sunday morning I went to an indoor cycling class at my cousins gym and this is what I wore. These are my favorite workout leggings ever. They're from Old Navy and so is my shirt. I love their active wear line. Cycling was a lot harder than I thought it would be, but definitely a good workout.

 After the gym, I changed into this adorable shirt. It was another beautiful day in the city. I don't have many pictures, but we ate lunch at a famous Chinese restaurant called Peking Gourmet Inn. Many presidents have eaten there and the walls are lined with photos of famous people and service members. The food was amazing. After lunch, I spent some more time walking around and shopping in Old Town.

My favorite part about flying in or out of DC are the views. It is so cool seeing so many monuments from up above. Here is the Jefferson Monument and beautiful sunset I saw for most of my flight.

I hope you enjoyed and had a nice Presidents Day weekend!



7 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes!!! Ahhh, also love your colorful Lily Pulitzer prints!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun trip!! Love all your outfits, too!! I just found out that I was approved as a presenter for a conference in DC this summer, and I can't wait to go!! I haven't been since I was 16, so I can't wait to see what my adult self thinks but back then, it was my soul city!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And congratulations, that sounds like so much fun. Have a great time in the city!

      Delete
  3. Sounds a really fun trip - love just wandering, doing a bit of shopping and getting cupcakes to fuel the exploring. Thanks for linking up with #citytripping

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great time! Sometimes it's really good to enjoy a city as a non-tourist and get a different perspective #citytripping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought about that, but yes! I was able to get the inside scoop and do thing tourists don't commonly do :)

      Delete